Kenton Public Works and Garbage
The City of Kenton Public Works Department is dedicated to the effective management and maintenance of the city’s buildings, roads, and infrastructure systems. Through teamwork and interdepartmental cooperation, we strive to provide the highest quality of service to the residents, businesses, and visitors utilizing the most cost-efficient methods.
Our department assists other city departments in emergencies, severe weather occasion preparation, and disaster recovery efforts. Aside from public works roles, the department is directly responsible for administration, routine general maintenance, streets, and facilities maintenance.
Where general maintenance is concerned, the department supervises the maintenance of city property that includes equipment, landscaping and grounds, streets, vehicles, and various miscellaneous maintenance items. The department oversees the maintenance of all city owned buildings and provides backup support services for the buildings that includes HVAC, plumbing, construction, and electrical. The department also monitors contracted vendors who provide work on assorted projects.
Kenton, TN 38233
Effective Nov. 1st 2020
Trash and Limb Pickup Guidelines
- Regular trash can pickup will continue weekly on Mondays.
- Bulk items and other items will be picked up free of charge twice a year in March and October.
- Limb pickup will continue monthly.
- Bulk item pickup can be requested at anytime; however, a fee will be assessed and paid before those items are picked up. (See fee schedule below).
- Bulk items that are placed out for pickup, either by renters or by property owners, that have not scheduled prior arrangement and have not paid the fees shall be in violation of city ordinance after 10 days and court action will be taken.
- Remodeling of any type where there is substantial building materials will not be picked up by the city. Per city ordinance, the property owner shall have a dumpster for disposal on site.
- Residents with prior approval from City Hall may take limbs and brush only to the dumpsite; however, they must be accompanied by a city employee.
- Roofing materials
- Paint cans
For pickups scheduled outside of March and October:
$10.00 per item
Up to $50.00 per truckload
Kenton Utilities Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday and Saturday
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Closed on Sunday and Holidays
Basic Payment Information
Please enclose this stub when paying by mail. When paying at our office, bring entire bill with you.
Need information from our yearly report? Feel free to download our file here: